Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Magnolia Grove - Falls Course

November 2012

This is the other course at Magnolia Grove.  I played the Crossings course earlier, and all the general comments still apply:  nice clubhouse, nice people, well-maintained, good price.  And a waterfall:



Lots of water and sand, but not in a punishing, terrifying sort of way.  No long forced carries, fairly wide fairways and plenty of rough before you get to the woods.  The holes have a lot of variety, without "gimmicks".  The dangers are clear, as is the safe route.

I want to say nice things about it, it has a high course rating and slope rating, and I would play it again, but after a year I don't remember anything especially stunning about this one.  Maybe I've been spoiled.

More pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment