Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Magnolia Grove, Crossings Course

November 10, 2012

This was the first course I played on the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail.  It's host to an LPGA tournament each year, and is described as a “shotmaker's course”. I was impressed that I could hit shots within a few feet of where I aimed, and end up in trouble. It really does require near perfection to make birdie on a hole. The variety of looks and shapes to the holes, and interesting use of hazards makes each hole a unique challenge.







The course was in perfect shape, the clubhouse is luxurious,



and the staff was attentive and friendly. They don't fawn over you quite like they do at the Boulders, but then they only cost 1/6 as much in peak season. After playing three of the RTJ courses, I'm eager to get to the rest of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment